I'm posting my recent e-mail to President Barack Obama sent on July 1st, 2009, just to have it on record.
Dear Mr. President:
I urge you to support the new Micheletti government in Honduras. ex-President Zelaya was clearly acting contrary to that country's constitution in a Chavez-like bid to undo term limits and install himself president for life. Your action has clearly shown your first loyalty is to the Left. You are acting in contravention of more than 50 years of policy in the Americas. You can hide behind any language you choose. I heard your State Department calling the referendum merely a "survey." There is no way to translate "referéndum" or "vota" to "estudio" or "encuesta" (survey). It is a pure prevarication. As president you must take a larger view beyond your narrow political ideology; you have a solemn obligation to act on behalf of the American people despite you personal bias towards the Left. Please reverse course.
Sincerely,
Greg Contreras, Miami, FL
I believe you are spot on in your assessment of the president's actions and motives.
ReplyDeleteHowever, I don't think he'll be shamed or persuaded when you say: "You are acting in contravention of more than 50 years of policy in the Americas."
The president knows this full well. In fact, he and his mouthpieces are proudly trumpeting the fact that everything America did before this year was wrong, and now everything will be right.
may we borrow your letter and sign our name to it? I would also like to send this to my reps!
ReplyDeleteSure, I consider that quite an honor, thanks. Can you credit me? I'd appreciate the publicity. Greg Contreras
ReplyDelete